






So another Halloween has come and gone, and sadly, I just wasn't as in to it this year as in past years. I love Halloween, and all the fun of getting costumes and usually even fix a traditional dinner and invite friends and family over. But this year I am going to blame being on pregnant on my lack of motivation. We really didn't do anything. I did feebly attempt to make the kids costumes rather than buy them. I am not to impressed with how they turned out, but the kids were happy and I guess that's all that matters right? Colby was a ghost, he looks more like a Muslim Ghost than a normal ghost, but oh well. Cameron was a Vampire Bat.
The day before Halloween we had some friends over to make Halloween Trains which was fun. Why not give them candy everyday leading up to Halloween too?!! Then that night when dad got home we carved pumpkins. Colby was so funny, he would not put his hand in the pumpkin to get the seeds out. When he finally tried he gagged!! Funny kid! Cam was proud of himself that he wasn't scared, and Mark and I just got a good laugh out of watching both of them!
Halloween Day was a little slow because there was no school, but finally the trick-or-treat hour arrived and the kids were off. After visiting Grandma and Grandpa and a few other friends, we came back to our neighborhood to hit more houses. After the first two houses, Cam decided that he wanted to go home and help dad hand out candy. So he went home and Colby and I continued around the neighborhood. When Colby and I got home, Cam was having the time of his life with the candy. He would open the door and yell, "everyone come get some candy" Then he would tell the kids to take as much as they wanted! If he didn't know what someone was he would say, "what the heck are you supposed to be?" Finally we ran out of candy and put the tired, sugar happy boys to bed, and Mark and I took our pick of their candy bags. Now with Halloween over, we get to look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas, which I think is the most wonderful time of the year!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment