Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh, and I made these too...

Along with making Jam and making treats for Pack Meeting I also made these delicious Pumpkin Brownies. Oh, they are sooo good and just the right treat for this time of year. I think I will post the recipe so that you can all try the goodness for yourself. After you make them and eat the whole pan all by yourself and gain 5 pounds, don't be mad at me!!!


Pumpkin Brownies

4 eggs
1 2/3 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Oil
1/2 c. applesauce
1 15oz can pumpkin

2 c. flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 tsp baking powder
Combine wet ingredients. Sift together dry ing. Combine wet and dry and spread on a greased cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 for 25-30 minutes. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)

1/2 c. butter (softened)

2 tsp vanilla

5 c. powdered sugar

Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla and sugar. (I always end up adding at least a 1/2cup more powdered sugar just so it's not so runny)

2 comments:

Cossebooms said...

Okay, so I saw this recipe this morning and wanted to give it a try. I've been in the baking mood lately. Well, I happen to have all the ingredients plus a lot of left over icing from sugar cookies I made. So I have already made them and eaten some. Yummy!!! Thanks for the recipe. And great job on the jam!! I can do freezer jam, but that's it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks April for the comment. Your blogs are great! Guess what, I have never heard of this before, but Grandma Heap has another one given by her dad. It's written out. It's really good too, but it is very fragile. I'll try to get you a copy.. I really want to get things put together and bring everyone packets or something next Heap Reunion...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Friends

Imagine All the People