Having
Thanksgiving a week later than usual this year has totally thrown me off from my mental calendar. Usually I have the
Christmas decorations up the day after
Thanksgiving but since we were not home they got put up yesterday. When I was a kid I loved to help put up decorations for every holiday. Since we always lived in the same house it was easy to put up the decor year after year and I think it made the
Holiday's more special for me. But since I have moved away from home I have not lived in the same house long enough to repeat any holidays. So for the last 13
Christmas's I have decorated a different house every year. Some of the houses have had perfect places to put up decorations, some haven't been so great. This year finds me again trying to decorate a new house only this time I can do so with the knowledge that I will be doing the same things again next year!(at least I better still be in this house or so help me...) Knowing that the things I buy for this house are going to be more long term I wanted to make everything more special and look a little nicer. It is definately a work in progress and I look forward to adding more every year and having my kids get excited about
Christmas Traditions. Below is a picture of my mantel, I don't know about you, but I kinda like it!
Hayders really enjoyed monkey crawling all over the yard and pointing at everything that interested him! If you have not had the opportunity to see him crawl it's really worth the trip over here to see it!
I am so glad that we enjoyed being outside yesterday because today Winter showed it's cold windy face. It's hard to believe that last year on December 1st we had lots of snow and lots of storms on the way and I was worried that I would go into labor and not be able to make it down the Canyon to the hospital! How has it already been a year?
2 comments:
April -
I love your mantle - it looks like something out of a magazine! I'm jealous of your visit to St. Johns and hope Adrian and I can go next year. :) Looks like you had lots of fun. Anyway, I got an e-mail saying you added me as a friend on Facebook, but when I go to Facebook - nothing. So if you really did, I would appreciate you doing it again cause I tried to find you, but there are too many April Davis'. Thanks Love ya!
-Brandy :)
I know I'll probably end up taking his post down. I just wanted to tease him with it. It was good to see all of you at thanksgiving. Are you still planning on coming down in Feb? We need to plan something really good if you are.
Post a Comment