Summer is starting to wrap up around here. It makes me sad. I can truly say that I am not ready for my older boys to go back to school. They are old enough now that I have been really enjoying their company not to mention that they are also fabulous help to me with their younger siblings. But come next Thursday off to school they will go and I will have to entertain Hayden & Clara all by myself.
The kids LOVE to have "SALES" and we usually kick off the summer with a couple of them a week. Colby is the mastermind behind them and does most of the prep and running of the sale. I noticed this year though that the sales are getting more complex including more things not just Kool-Aid anymore! Their sales keep them busy for hours and sometimes they actually make a little money.
The kids LOVE to have "SALES" and we usually kick off the summer with a couple of them a week. Colby is the mastermind behind them and does most of the prep and running of the sale. I noticed this year though that the sales are getting more complex including more things not just Kool-Aid anymore! Their sales keep them busy for hours and sometimes they actually make a little money.
Miss Clara is part monkey. She will attempt to climb anything & everything and absolutely NO FEAR! This behavior of hers ensures that I never get a moments rest when she is awake.
Sprinklers and trampolines. Best combo of the summer even since I was a kid.
"The Ditch" @ grandma's house is priceless. It has provided hours of fun. I really wish I could buy one for my house. This picture was earlier in July and now this past week the kids discovered that the ditch is almost dry! (there is road construction up the street that I'm sure messed with the water) They were working as hard as they could to save all of the crawdads. I think they felt like they were successful and that the crawdads would survive another day. They didn't care that their clothes may not come clean!
Baby Sister LOVES shoes! Even if they are her brothers stinky rubber boots! Is it just a girl thing to love shoes?
The last Sale of the season. Bayli and Maison made 1000000 signs to hand out around the neighborhood and then stood on the corner waving a sign and yelling out "Snowcones! Come to our Sale!" I think this sale may have been the highlight of the girls trip to Utah.








.jpg)
2 comments:
We miss your kids. Hopefully it won't be next summer before we see you guys again.
So fun! My boys have been dying to have a sale, but I never could give in because I knew that would be their daily want! One day they decided to do it on their own, they were selling rocks for $7. lol They kept bugging the neighbor that was redoing his lawn so he was an easy target. Finally he gave them a quarter for a rock and they were in hog heaven. Apparently they didn't realize they lost a lot of money on that sale!
Post a Comment