Wednesday, September 3, 2008

best banana bread ever

I made this bread today....gonna have to make it again tomorrow because the boys and I ate it all! Seriously so so good. I even added the nuts since Mark is gone and couldn't complain! I left one loaf nut free for the boys, but I love it with the nuts! The recipe calls for Canola oil, but I used Olive Oil instead and it worked just fine and I used Almond Extract instead of Banana Extract(who knew there was such a thing as banana extract?) And I am sure you could use whole wheat flour too, I will have to try that next time. What would we do without Taste of Home, they have the best recipes ever! Seriously you all need to try this one.


Zucchini Banana Bread
Cooking for 2 - try a FREE ISSUE today!
"I got this recipe from a friend at work and now it's one of my favorites," says Donna Hall of Wolfforth, Texas. "it makes three small loaves, but they freeze very well."
SERVINGS: 18
CATEGORY: Lower Fat
METHOD: Baked
TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon banana extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions: In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg, bananas, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and walnuts. Transfer to three 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).

2 comments:

Emily said...

April thanks for posting that recipe. I made it this morning and the bread is amazing! I'll also try to get better at leaving comments.

Kristi said...

That is so funny that you used this recipe. A few weeks ago when my zuchini was coming on and I realized that I couldn't give it ALL away, I searched Taste of Home online for a good zuchini bread recipe and that is the SAME one I picked, though I had to go to Wilbur's and buy banana extract (you're right, who knew?) I wish I would have been as resourceful as you and used the almond extract. I will try that next time. My family scarfed it down the first time so I doubled it the next and guess what? Yep, gone in one day too. Thanks for sharing!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Friends

Imagine All the People