Tuesday, December 16, 2008

All Snug In their Beds

Tonight as I was putting my kids to bed I was having a "nostalgic mom moment" and thinking how blessed we are to have warm beds for our children to sleep in.  We got home late tonight from Grandma's house and the kids were all really tired, they didn't put up a bedtime fight that's how I know they were tired!  After kissing Colb and Cam goodnight I took Hayders in his room and rocked him while he snuggled his favorite blanket and sucked his tongue.  I love those moments with him, he so sweet and cuddly, he loves his bed though and was more than ready to snuggle down into his bed and go to sleep.  Thats when it hit me how greatful I am for all that we have; a snow blower,(Mark and Cam snowblowed/shoveled the driveway at 9pm tonight) warm boots and gloves and coats, more than enough food, a warm cozy home, and soft warm beds.  I don't know if it's just this time of year and my longing for home and Christmas's from my childhood that bring these thoughts to my mind, but I was happy to be able to recognize and reflect on all I have been blessed with.  I can not imagine not having a warm home and warm beds for my kids.  So as a Christmas gift to me, everyone that reads this, kiss your kids as you tuck them into their warm beds and be grateful for all you have.  If you don't have kids-Brant & Kacy-be greatful for your own warm bed! Oh and if you don't live where it snows three feet in three days be grateful for that too!  Merry Christmas!! 
I didn't even wake them up when I took these pictures tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

April, you are right we are so blessed, and those children look so cute all nestled and snug in their beds, I can just see the sugar plums dancing in their heads! Love and miss you. Az Grandma

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Friends

Imagine All the People