Thursday, May 20, 2010

All in a square foot


When we bought our house a couple of years ago we had grand plans of turning this weed collecting waste of space in our yard into a FABULOUS garden.  I don't know how fabulous it will actually be but today we finally started getting the garden spot ready. 
Hopefully my garden spot will no longer look like the picture above and will look a little more like the picture below.  Mark and his buddy pulled out the ugly bushy trees and the railroad ties and on Monday the rocks get hauled off and new dirt get brought in.  If it will ever warm up around here and STOP snowing maybe we can actually plant some things!  Yeah for green grass though it looks so pretty.
All thanks to this gem of a book and that I discovered at a Relief Society meeting all about Square Foot Gardening.  It seems to simple to mess up so we'll see how it goes. 




Now that I've got my garden kinda figured out I just need to figure out how to get the Train by my house to STOP blowing its horn every 30 minutes.  Seriously it started blowing it's horn at 6am this morning and hasn't stopped yet and it's 10:30pm. It usually only goes by a couple of times a day not 100.  If I hadn't already been awake with the baby at 6am I would have been even more bugged that it woke me up like it did Mark and the rest of my neighborhood!!

2 comments:

Adrie Peterson said...

I'm proud of you for starting a garden. I have no desire to start gardening. Yet if we could stay in one place long enough, I think that would actually help me have some desire to plant a garden! Let us know how it goes, I'm excited for you!

Jaime said...

Good luck, keep me updated! I've heard lots of great things about square foot gardening, just haven't got around to trying it yet.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Friends

Imagine All the People