Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Goodbye GOLD Friend

Twas a sad day at our house. Colby's Gold fish Turbo that he won at the county fair died today, well yesterday but we finally buried him today. Colby actually discovered the dead fish before I did, but from his reaction I knew what had happened without having to ask. This was Colb's fourth fish in his life and just like the previous three, Colby was very emotional about it dying. Although he hardly remembered to feed it and never really had to clean the tank, Colb was VERY attached to each fish! He cried and cried and asked probably a hundred times if Jesus could please raise his fish from the dead. I guess I could have saved Colby from the heartache because I knew the fish was dying. However I feel that it is a good learning experience for kids to learn that every living thing dies and it gives us as parents a chance to teach them about Gods Plan and how death fits into Gods Plan. Colby kept saying, "but mom, I just miss Turbo so much, it is going to be years and years before I can see him again." to which I would answer, "Colby, I know how you feel, it is hard to miss the ones you love. I miss my Grams and Papa's a whole whole lot, but I know that I will see them again. I just have to be patient." Colby listens in his half listening Colby way and says, "MOM!! Don't start talking about Grammy and Papa and Papa or I will cry for days." I quit talking about them immediately. He is not kidding, he will cry for days, he has done it before!
So I finally got Colby to decorate a paper towel that we could wrap the fish in to bury it. Below is a picture of the Eulogy that Colby wrote to his fish "Terbo" or "Trebo" when he really mis-spells the name! After finishing this we went outside and he picked the spot to bury the fish and cried and cried until Corbin came around back looking for Colby to go ride bikes. So just that quickly Colby was over "Terbo". It won't be long though until Colb has a bad day and starts crying about all of his dead fish that he misses, only now he can add Terbo to his list of Girados, Blueberry and Cherry.
Colby has a very tender heart and gets attached to things quickly. I hope he never grows out of it. He is a sweet heart.

GOOD BYE GOLD FRIEND










3 comments:

valerie said...

That is the saddest face on Colby I have ever seen!! Poor kid. We have had pets die too and it is terrible!

Kacy said...

Poor Colby. He's going to look back on this post when he is a teenager and be so embarrassed that he cried over his fish. But for now its really cute.

Jaime said...

That is the cutest picture of Colby! Poor little guy!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Friends

Imagine All the People